Sunday, January 28, 2007

Australia National Down Hill


So this weekend I went to the Down Hill Nationals. In a word "FREAKINGHOT" all one word. It was dusty and hot. they had a forest fire a couple of years ago burning all the trees in the area to the ground. (Nice!) The weather there was unreal like in the mid forties. I thought i was going to pass out when we stopped the car and the A/C got shut off. madness.
Garrett did pretty well seeing as he only got three practice runs and most people had over twenty. so 33 was a good show out of the some hundred that showed up.

It was good times I sat myself by the biggest jump and watched crash after crash. two broken collar bones and one broken ankle. Pretty brutal. but I had a cold beer with me at most times so i was okay. I'm going to try and post a video i shot on utube then link it to this site so you can see Garrett taking the jump and almost eating it. Oh and I had them take a picture of the over all world Champ. enjoy.


Okay so i tried to set up the video but it's taking forever. so it'll have to be tomorrow. sorry.

No comments: