Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Remember when I said...

That climbing wasn't extreme?

Well I still stand by that statement, however I just watched this Youtube clip of freaking Dean Potter again.



I don't think I need to say too much more on this.


So 24 days till I leave for Hueco! The next two weeks is time to really go hard in my training.

That means more abs! The terrible type, the vomit inducing type. More finger board work and now some endurance work too. Hueco's problems are generally longer the Squamish ones.

Oh I got out this last weekend to climb in Squamish. It was raining like crazy here in Vancouver, but we said whatever. Turned out to be a pretty fun day. I tried my hardest to steal Chapman's Project and landed on my head for my trouble.

I got a flash of that kid breaking his ankle in Rummey when I fell. You can watch the video on DPM.


Jay Smith with spotters... MC's photo.

Laters.

2 comments:

Narc said...

I was just in Hueco and I would agree that a good power endurance base would be helpful. The problems are long and topouts usually aren't gimmes. It sucks falling off the topout after 15 feet of amazing climbing. Well, actually it's a lot of fun but you get the idea.

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Alright, power endurance starts next week!!